First page Previous page Index page Next page Last page
Quarters Engine 25 Ladder 8 26 of 34
Fort Hill Square Fire Station. Quarters of Engine 25, Ladder 8, Ladder 14, Water Tower 1 and Division 1. Opened October 1, 1873 closed in 1952. Engine 25 relaocated to Ladder 18 and Ladder 8 relocated to Engine 39. Building was replaced with new quarters at 123 Oliver Street on September 11, 1953. This station had a rather short life as it was decommissioned August 30, 1989 due to the rebuilding of the area. The present station at 125 Purchase Street which is an integral part of the office tower built on the block replaced it.
Copyright c. 2006, Frank W. Fitzgerald, Jr. and Boston Sparks Association, Inc.
Page generated by JAlbum 7.0